Friday, December 2, 2011

18 Months Old

Ok, so Evan is really 18.5 months old at this point and I am long overdue for a posting! But he had his well-visit back in mid-November and he was doing great. He grew an inch to 31.5 inches and is up to 27 pounds. That makes him 66th percentile for weight and 29th percentile for height (pretty much the same as last appointment). And his head is also at the 66th percentile. He was NOT happy to be at the doctor - you would have thought we were torturing him.

Evan continues to develop quite the personality. Right now, we are dealing with biting. He is "that kid" in school - the BITER. The school actually sent us home with a book last week to read to him at night about biting. And each day I hold my breath as I get an email from his school that will tell me whether or not he was biting that day. They tell me it is normal for his age and we just need to keep disciplining him. He tries to bite us too and our time-outs are up to 60 seconds now. At school they take him to the office, which does not make him happy. He is teething right now too, which doesn't help the situation. He's not only biting people but furniture, books, stuffed animals, etc. So hopefully once his bottom canines make their appearance (the top ones broke through a few weeks ago), we can put an end to this biting.

Evan still LOVES being outside. I have no idea what we are going to do all winter. Last night when I got home from work, he screamed and cried hysterically at the door for 10 minutes because I didn't take him outside to play. It's going to be a long winter if that continues to happen!

Evan is very into trains, cars, buses, planes - most "boy" type things. We just set up our Christmas decorations and that included getting him a train set for under the tree. He is so happy to sit and watch it go around and will say "bye choo-choo" when it goes behind the tree and "hi choo-choo" when it comes back around.

He still loves his daddy. The last two days when I picked him up at daycare, his first words to me were "dada?". If I happen to get to him first in the morning, his first words to me are "dada?". When it's my night to read books to him before bed, he'll say "dada?". I'm not going to lie - it is not fun at times. I keep waiting for this phase to end . . . patience is a virtue, right?

Evan is talking up a storm. The doctor warned me that #2 will likely not be so talkative, especially if it is a boy. I'd say he's up to ~100 words, is starting to string some words together and can mimic a lot of what we say. Last night was the first time he said "I love you" to me when I put him to bed. Apparently Brian has been working on this with him and got him to say it a few nights ago. I guess he forgot to tell me, but I was thankful for that because my heart melted when he said it last night at bedtime for me unexpectedly. I made such a reaction and he seemed so proud of himself. Too cute!

I have lots of pictures to upload - from his first haircut and Thanksgiving with Brian's family. I just need to find the time but there hasn't been a lot of free time lately. We've been home 1 out of 6 weekends in the last 6 weeks. "On the Road Again" should be our family theme song. Thankfully Evan is a travelling champion - don't know what we'd do if he wasn't. I guess he likes to be as active as his parents. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment